In last few weeks, I was mostly concentrated on design and technical development of participant’s final experience. I started to develop “the memory landscapes” – an environment where the final movies selection will be presented.
To develop the design I made small “visual research” in Rijksmuseum archives. Then I started with re-drawing of that paintings. I tried many drawing styles and aesthetic approaches but at the end, I decided for raw basic shapes volumes.
To test the landscapes interpretations I had the meeting with Vit, the developer – coder of the final app. Then after dinner we made a small simple prototype of landscapes, movie and the website. We tested many images to select right compositions and interactions …
Afterwards we had a long discussion about the technical aspect of further steps. Vit was quite enthusiastic about using this project as a test field for all contemporary web dev technologies. He described me his stack and a few days later he started to think about application architecture.
The frontend will be based on React with Redux. Backend services will be provided by Node server with MongoDB behind the nginx proxy. All is packed in docker containers for easy deployment and maintenance and scalability. The final server will run on digital ocean droplet. Actually, we are preparing development stack and starting writing first modules specification and unit tests.